Date: March 2020
Being active remains an important part of staying healthy, a regular exercise regime can help boost the immune system. Our commitment to ensuring our staff, customers and communities are safe during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is our top priority and we have put the following measures in place to ensure we support the current Government Guidelines for hygiene and social distancing:
- All group exercise classes have either been moved to larger spaces (such as sports halls) to allow for 2m gaps between users, or capacities reduced to ensure this is possible.
- Classes are now 55 minutes in duration to allow for extra disinfection of the area and equipment after each class.
- On the gym floor, every second machine will be out of use to allow safe distance
- We have increased disinfection of high touch areas such as gym/studio equipment, door handles/push plates, counters/tables/vanity area, lockers and soft play areas.
- Introduced new cleaning stations in all gyms and studios, to allow customers to self-clean equipment before and after use.
- Ensuring that soap dispensers remain full in all changing rooms and toilet facilities.
- From Monday 23rd, all centres will be going cashless (many already are). This is to ensure the safety of our customers and staff to remove any risk of spreading the virus through cash transactions. Click here for more information.
- Our timetables and hours may change over the coming days and weeks, please refer to the website for updates. Please bear with us as some of these will be at very short notice.
We continue to ask that you assist by taking the following steps, in accordance with government advice:
- Do not come to the centre if you feel unwell.
- Wash your hands when you arrive, before you use any equipment. Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Carry tissues with you and use them to catch coughs and sneezes. Then bin carefully and wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser.
- For ALL activities, please use the cleaning materials available to thoroughly wipe down all equipment after use. Carefully bin paper towels when done.
- If you think you may have come into contact with the virus, please follow the government advice, and self-isolate in the first instance. Go to: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Please ensure you don't mistakenly take any sanitizer or wipe-down towels from the centre.
Why not try mixing up your fitness regime?
The Pool Water Treatment and Advisory Group (PWTAG) has been in contact with Public Health England and a spokesperson for PWTAG said: 'Water and the chlorine within swimming pools will help to kill the virus.'
And, as UK Active has published 'Gyms, leisure centres and other activity facilities remain open to the public, following Boris Johnson's call on Monday (16 March) for people to continue to go out to exercise.'
As a registered charity, we need your support! All of our income is re-invested into our services and facilities, to provide you with the best possible service.
We look forward to seeing you soon and please ask one of our team members if you have any additional questions. We will continue to keep you updated as the situation evolves.
The team at Fusion Lifestyle